Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Porch and Sign

The studio now has a porch.  It's not a very big one, it was actually built in about 5 hours, not including shopping time.  The hardest part was busting up the concrete ramp that led into the front door (remember, this used to be a shed).  That took a lot of time and energy, I'm still feeling the pain.  Thankfully, my wonderful neighbor came over and with a few good hits with the sledgehammer and breaker bar finished the task when my muscles were done.  I'd probably still be chipping away at that thing.
Janet's parents sent me a sign for the studio for my birthday.  It has special meaning to me because it was made by hand by Janet's sister-in-law.  It's a pretty sign and I think it looks great with the stain color of the building.  I think I may need to move it up a little higher because the plant covers part of it.  What do you think?
Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery

Comments

  1. Oh, that's really inviting, I must have missed the paint, I like that too, very nice, what a wonerful job you have done with your studio. I like the height of the sign, I'd put a smaller plant beside the door or a plant in a pot made by you or a grouping of different sized pots outside the door. Happy birthday whenever it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful!!! I'm so impressed, Lori! When is the ribbon-cutting party? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Linda and Martha,
    The ribbon cutting party/open studio will be Nov 18th through the 21. Please come by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooo jealous of that studio! Looks so cozy with a porch. It's just gotta have a little Christmas tree on it for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tracey,
    The tree on it is actually our Christmas tree from last year. I'll be putting lights on it for the sale and the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't move the sign, prune the plant.

    Love your studio. Will you be teaching classes?

    Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tara,
    You're the expert on plants, I'll prune.
    I teach at Mudfire in Decatur, it's a better venue for students than my little studio.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts