Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Throwing Multiples

I normally don't throw sets. I rarely even throw sets of two. But for some reason that I can't explain, I was inspired to throw this set of eight soup mugs. I threw to a gauge (also known as a chopstick stuck next to the wheel head with a ball of clay) and measured out the balls of clay very carefully. For whatever reason, I didn't get distracted while throwing so I completed the set. I think it's good to do this every now and then just to stay in practice. I have not thought much about glazing them yet. I wonder if they should all be glazed differently.Soup mugs by Lori Buff BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

Comments

  1. Very cool, Lori. they look really beautiful with interesting shadows and all lined up ready to march off to be filled with soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Martha, I did like the way the shadows play on these pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like sets of items that have the same shape but different colors, they always remind me of when I was a kid and we had those metal tumblers in different colors and we all had our favorite color, it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right Linda, it was fun, it also gave us a sense of individuality, which is very important.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts