Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Declaring Independence

It's so much fun when the Fourth of July lands around a weekend.  We spend more time partying with more friends and still even seem to get the weekend chores accomplished.  But this holiday weekend I was given two tasks to do.  One of them was very pottery related and I'll tell you about that in another post.  The other one was an assignment from life coach Laura Biering who is teaching a teleclass based on the book Attracting Perfect Customers.  The assignment was to declare independence from something.
I gave this some really careful consideration and decided that the best thing for me would be to declare independence from unproductive, self criticism.  It should be ok to think or say something should be better, or it's not quite good enough, but I should learn from that and take positive action.
One of the things I enjoy about doing shows is hearing feedback from people that visit my booth.  I recently took a special order for a piece where the customer wanted a very different glaze color than what I put on the example piece.  It really was not what I had in mind when I created the first one but it came out really beautiful.  His choice in glaze color could be construed as a constructive criticism of my choice.  The nice part is that both pieces are beautiful and have sold.  I am now motivated by his constructive criticism to keep a more open mind in my glaze selection on a particular piece. 
I'd like to pass the assignment on to you.  What would you like to declare Independence from this week?
Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery

Comments

  1. Independence from nagging self-doubt cannot be topped! :) I will try to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, Nothing needs to be topped and copying someone else idea is perfectly acceptable as long as it works for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts