Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Monday, Monday

"It feels like a Sunday night" said my friend after dinner last night.  She's an artist also (although not a potter) so this sparked a conversation about how we felt about Monday compared to the people who worked jobs with more traditional hours.  My friend doesn't love Monday's like I do, she feels like it has something to do with the fact that she doesn't work on weekends when she can help it.  I try not to work too much on weekends but with festivals, openings and special firings it's impossible not to work some weekend time.  Of course doing a raku or wood firing (I'll post pictures from the Anagama tomorrow) is fun and doesn't feel like work.  Festivals are very labor intensive and the artist is always "on" interacting with others or moving a piece 1/16th of an inch so it displays better.  I'm tired after a show and often want to take Monday off but I also usually have a few commissions to start so it rarely happens. 
Don't get me wrong, I am not the person that is jumping out of bed with a big smile and more energy than a puppy.  When the alarm goes off in the morning I'm the first person to want to beat it to death.  It's hard to be non-violent to an alarm clock at 6:30 in the morning.  But I don't hate Monday's anymore and Sunday nights are enjoyable without dreading Monday. 
How do you feel about Mondays?

Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery

Comments

  1. Is it Monday? :) I worked late into the night last night on computer filing and clean up.
    It's 10am and I just got up, having a cup of tea in a Whynot Pottery mug and trying to figure out what to do in this awful heat. Gerry never works a 9-5 Monday-Friday schedule and neither do I,so I have to check my calendar a couple of times a week to remember what day it is. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I used to work a monday through friday job I still consider monday a renewal day, a day for planning at the beginning of the week, when I have to go places on errands I like going on the weekdays when it is less crowded, mondays might be the best day for that now that I think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracey- yes, it's Monday but it's a good day when it starts at 10am with coffee in a Whynot Pottery Mug.

    Linda-I try to save errands for when I'm on my way home from teaching at Mudfire, the problem is that's when the 9-5 crowd is doing the same. It might be nicer for everyone if we did our errands during their work day. Good thought.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts