Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Stone Soup

Stone Soup
Despite the fact that I'm living the glamorous life of a potter I still cannot escape the drudgery of housework. Being a potter means you have to make the dishes and wash them too. And you have to make the bed, do the laundry, clean the floors in your house and studio. It's not all fun and games (although I wouldn't trade my job for anyone's). One thing that I sometimes enjoy doing is cooking. It's sort of like mixing glazes but you get to taste what you've made. I have made glazes with tasty names like Mint Julip and Licorice but I've not wanted to taste them. The food that I really enjoy cooking the most is soup. I think that's because it's hard to ruin soup. Naturally, that means I cook more in the cooler weather, last night was the start. I made Stone Soup, which means I wandered around the co-op and my kitchen finding veggies that seemed like they would go well together, threw them all in a big pot with some vegetable broth and spices and cooked it until we were ready to eat. It was pretty yummy but I can't tell you the exact recipe. You can follow the links in the "other stuff" section to find some great soup recipes.

Bon Appetit!  

Other Stuff:

Miso-Ginger Soup
Butternut Squash Soup
Spinach Soup
Seafood Chowdah

Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery

Comments

  1. Oh I do the same in my crockpot and it will soon be that time of year here. that butternut squash soup sounds interesting, I'll be checking these out, meanwhile I have to go cook dinner. Ha.

    Hey my word verification is tastrier - ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMmmm, the longer the soup simmers THE BETTER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started the soup thing last week too. It's so easy to put a pot of soup together and so rewarding at the end. There is a local restaurant here that makes the best tortilla soup I have ever had, I have been trying to duplicate that, no success so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda-I don't use a crockpot, it just simmers in the cast iron dutch oven on the stove for a few hours. I get some iron that way too.

    Gary- yup, the longer the better, and leftover soup is good too.

    Tracey-I used to make tortilla soup before I stopped eating meat. It was really very good. I wish I still had the recipe for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts