Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

To Etsy or Not To Etsy

I am not really very good at keeping up with my Etsy store.  It just seems like a lot of time for little results.  Of course if I put some effort into keeping it up to date I might actually have more success with it.  It's something of a self fulfilling prophecy I suppose.  But by the time I take the pictures and the measurements and think of a catchy description that doesn't sound too much like an infomercial then upload everything I've killed a lot of time.  Then if the piece sells I have to run around to my collection of boxes to find the right size shipping package that holds the pot and enough padding to keep it safe from all the possibilities that can happen to a package in transit.  It just seems like a lot of work. 
I was discussing this with a friend who said "So is putting on a show, but you do that." 
He has a point, and a good one at that.
Is anyone else having the same thoughts and concerns with Etsy as I'm having?  Is there something you do that makes your Etsy experience easier? 
Thanks in advance.
Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery

Comments

  1. I think the only person making it on etsy is etsy. I put in the time to little results, plan to concentrate on something else this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree with Linda. I haven't touched my Etsy shop since last Christmas, if I put stuff there, it sells, but it's such a pain, I would rather devote that time to galleries that support me and better show venues. In fact I might just be talking myself into dropping the shop altogether. Couldn't I just post work on my blog for sale? hmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts