Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Good Friends

Since it was a holiday weekend I had not really intended to do any work.  I had plans to enjoy friends, enjoy a book and do some house cleaning (fun).  But I received two messages on my voicemail that changed those plans a little bit.  A woman called me from Charis Books & More where she had seen a set of goblets I have there and wanted to know if I had some mugs with the same glaze.  About an hour later I got a call from At The Collective, the same two women were there, they found a mug that they liked but wanted to know if it was part of a set.  Clearly they like my pottery.

I contacted the women and was told that they had friends in Alabama who had lost their house and everything in it to a fire.  They had lived in the house for about 25 years, maybe you can imagine the loss they must have been feeling.  But they seem to have good friends who were interested in making them a care package that consisted of some hand made pottery.  The fire victims enjoy drinking tea so a couple of nice mugs and a teabag coaster seemed like a nice gift that would help them find some pleasure.  They also found a nice serving bowl to go into the care package and I threw in a small berry bowl that had a complementary glaze to the pieces that were purchased.



As much as I feel bad for the people that lost everything in the fire I know they will be okay because they have such caring friends.

Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery

Comments

  1. How wonderful to have good friend to help you through such a loss. I am sure your pots will be extra special to this family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. some of your handmade pots given by friends will hopefully ease their pain and loss, I can't imagine what that would be like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're right Linda. I can't imagine what it would be like either.

      Delete
  3. Now those are good friends!
    We had a studio fire after being hit with a summer lightening storm and it was the little things that meant so much.
    Like working hard all day cleaning up the mess and having friends show up with food and beer- it would make me cry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Meredith, I'm sorry you had to go through that. Insurance can replace only so much, it can't replace the heartfelt gifts. Hopefully, these pieces of pottery, and the thought behind them will help to heal the hurt of the loss.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts