Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Rainier at the Anagama

Yesterday I brought some pots up to Shorter University for the anagama firing that will be happening this week. Since Rainier hadn't been for a ride in the car or even a walk through the woods in a while he came with me.  He loved it of course.  Maybe we are both super excited about a wood firing.

The plan was to load the kiln yesterday and today then start firing on Wednesday.  I'll be taking a turn stoking the kiln on Thursday morning.  If we are really lucky we can have the kiln unloaded next Wednesday so I have those pots in time for the open studio on the 15th.   I'm crossing my fingers but I'm also trying to be certain that I don't need those pots for the sale.  I will have plenty for a good show. And I'll have a special guest.

Wood fired pottery kiln
Rainier and I At The Wood Kiln

Don't forget to vote today.

"My dear friends, your vote is precious, almost sacred. It is the most powerful nonviolent tool we have to create a more perfect union." ~ Georgia Rep. John Lewis

Comments

  1. That is a GREAT photo of the two of you! I wish I had found pottery in my twenty's I would have built a wood kiln!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey, if I were in my 20's I'd build one too. Now I just take up space in other people's kilns.

      Delete
  2. I second that, if only I had the energy of my youth now, what I couldn't build in the way of a kiln and living in the mountains at that time there would have been plenty of wood available. I have plenty available here but alas not enough energy to complete the task without injury I think - still I dream - perhaps, maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts