Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Using What We Learned

A little over a year ago Molly Hatch was at Mudfire giving a workshop. She was wonderful.  It was in this workshop that I met Melinda Crider among many other talented artists.  Last weekend I got to visit with Melinda again at Mudfire, this time for the opening of the Fur and Feather's Show.  Besides being fun to visit with her again I particularly enjoyed how we had both used what we learned at the workshop to be juried into this show.

Ceramic wall hanging by Melinda Crider
Melinda Crider Wall Hanging

Melinda typically creates figurative sculptures but for Fur and Feather's she used the Mishima techniques that we were taught in the workshop.  I wonder if she's going to work this technique into her sculptures as I have worked it into my horse hair raku pieces and for creating functional pots with dragons, birds, wolves, and other imagery.

Teapot with mishima dogwood and bird by Lori Buff
Dogwood and Bird Tea Pot by Lori Buff

Soon I'll be posting a video about how I do this technique, it's a little different than what I learned in the workshop but isn't that how it's suposed to happen?  Workshops are the seed, we determine how it's going to grow.

The Fur and Feather's show has some really great art, you can see it at the gallery or on line here: Fur and Feathers at Mudfire.

You might also want to see what other potters are up to on Mudcolony.

Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery by Lori Buff

Comments

  1. Love how the bird and dogwood turned out and looking forward to seeing your technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I hope to have the video finished soon.

      Delete
  2. love how the bird and dogwood turned out and looking forward to seeing your technique.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts