Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Teapot Tuesday - Tea For Two

As much as I love Three Cups of Tea I can also recognize that sometime people just want one or two cups.  This little teapot is perfect for them (besides, you can always brew a fresh pot quickly).  Some people may wonder why this teapot doesn't have a handle.  How are you going to pour the tea without a handle?  That's part of the design.  When the teapot is cool enough to touch the tea will be cool enough to drink, and it will be steeped.  I remember my grandmother continually checking the tea, pouring it into a cup...no not dark enough, back into the teapot it goes, wait, repeat.  This teapot solves that issue and saves space at the same time.  You can easily lift the teapot in your hand, hold your index finger on the lid and pour.  The carved surface helps give grip while also being pretty.

Carved, 2 Cup Teapot by Lori Buff
Two Cup Teapot

I got the idea from Japanese tea bowl and yunomi.  They don't have handles because the potter's thought was that if you couldn't handle the heat of the vessel then you couldn't handle the heat of the tea yet.  This teapot uses that some idea.

You can find this and other teapots I've made in my Etsy Store.

Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery by Lori Buff

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts