Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Three Dimensional Dragon Mug

Once upon a time I made a dragon mug with parts of the dragon in relief.  You might even remember reading and commenting on the blog post (thanks for your comments).  It seems like it was a long time ago because it was.  We know pottery takes a long time because of the making, drying, firing, cooling, glazing, firing again, and cooling again schedule but this a lot longer in the making than usual.

Thankfully, I feel like it was worth the wait.

Purple Dragon in Relief on Stein by Future Relics Pottery
3D Purple Dragon Mug
This mug has a lot of texture.  It's got places where the clay is raised and where it's carved away.  It's got places of high gloss glaze and places of raw clay and everything in between.  I'm really pleased with it.  I put it in my Esty Store so someone else can enjoy it too.

Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery by Lori Buff

Comments

  1. wow, that came out beautiful, I am glad I am not the only one whose clay pieces wait for such a long time to find their way to the kiln.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I do try to fire a lot more frequently, but this summer it was just not happening.

      Delete
  2. It's a beauty! I just bought it as a belated birthday present for Proge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm so glad it will have a good home. I really appreciate it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts