Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Meatless Monday - Roasted Butternut Squash with Olives

Don’t you just love butternut squash? I have a thing for any vegetable that you can buy and keep on hand like any other staple of your pantry.  Plus they taste really good and can be prepared in so many different ways.

Butternut squash is reported to have very high amounts of vitamin A which is supposed to be good for you.  I always think about people saying “eat your carrots, they are good for your vision.” They said that because of the vitamin A in carrots, maybe they should have included butternut squash in that claim also.  I’m not sure what all the vitamins do for you, I just know they are delicious and versatile.

Roasted Butternut Squash with Olives by Future Relics Gallery
Roasted Butternut Squash with Olives
Ingredients:

1 butternut squash
12 cloves of garlic
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon thyme
1 cup cured olives
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes

Directions:

Peel and dice the butternut squash and place it in a large ovenproof dish with the garlic. Pour over olive oil, and season with thyme. Mix well. Place in the oven and roast at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

Remove it from the oven, mix in olives and tomatoes.

Place it back in the oven and roast until the squash is soft, about another 15 minutes.


Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery by Lori Buff

Comments

  1. Butternut squash is one of my favorites! I can't believe how the price has gone up in the last few years. I can't wait to be able to grow my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful presentation, any kind of squash is good, I have a spaghetti squash sitting on the counter waiting for me to try for the first time, must look up your recipe I saw few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts