Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

ARTucker 2015

Last December a few artists and I got together and did a home show at one of the artist’s homes.  We so enjoyed that type of interaction with the customers and each other that we started talking about doing something on a slightly larger scale.  Then we started planing and now we have the show. Even though I was not as involved as I would have like to be since I was out of town and totally immersed in the class at Penland I am very excited about this show. I’m very proud of my friend Patty Young for making it happen and all the hard work she put into it. I’m proud to have been some small part of creating it, and now I’m excited about being in the show.

The show is in the Tucker Recreation Center, which is great considering the rain we’ve been having. It’s also where I did some substitute teaching several months ago. I like that I can talk to people about the program there from first hand experience. It seems that someone always asks if I teach or know of someplace that does. Here I can direct them the them studio so they can see the facilities for themselves.
Art Show in Tucker May 29th and 30th
ARTucker

Not only will I be selling my pottery there but I’ll also be doing demonstrations. That’s always fun for me, the customers, and the kids.  It’ll be nice to be doing the demos in a place where I can wedge clay on a real wedging table and clean the tools in a proper facility.

You should come to the Tucker Rec Center Friday or Saturday, it’s going to be a good time with some great art.

ARTucker 2015
Tucker Rec Center
4898 LaVista Rd, Tucker 30084
Phone:  (770) 270-6226


Friday May 29th 2015, 5 pm - 9 pm
Saturday May 30th 2015, 10 am - 6 pm


Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery by Lori Buff

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts